HOW TO INSTALL
Flat-pack to Fabulous in Minutes
Read the instructions or watch our 60-second installation video:
STEP 1: CLEAN & DRY
- For strong adhesion, the contact surface needs to be thoroughly clean and dry. Start by wiping your furniture with a damp cloth to remove any dust and dirt. Dry with a clean cloth or allow to air dry.
- Now use the isopropyl alcohol cleaning wipe supplied with your order to clean the surface of the furniture where the panel is going to be applied. Allow to dry.
- Using an erasable pencil, mark where the Styl-Panel will affix to your furniture. (In most cases, you can simply position the panel by eye, but measuring ensures perfection!)
- On the back of the Styl-Panel, peel off the protective paper from the adhesive tape.
- Position the Styl-Panel into place and press.
- The bond will be instant. On most surfaces, clamping or taping is not required.
- If the panel needs to be re-positioned, slowly and very carefully pull the panel off and apply again.
STEP 4: ADMIRE YOUR WORK!
- Email us some photos (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tag us on online (#stylkea) so that we can admire your work too!
Which adhesives work best?
We tested all sorts of adhesives and enthusiastically settled on permanent double-sided tape.
The bond is strong and instant. It can be used indoor and outdoor. There's no bleeding or dripping, no smelly solvents and no mess to clean up.
It also means that your Styl-Panels come ready to peel-and-stick. It's that easy!
If for some reason you prefer to use your own adhesive, let us know in the order notes that you want your panels delivered naked ("no double-sided tape, please!") We suggest that you use a construction adhesive that is specifically designed for paint and laminate surfaces. Always follow the manufacturer's safety instructions.
Semi-permanent adhesives do not provide a good enough bond for durable, great looking results.
Our Paint-It-Yourself Guide
Our foamed PVC panels may be installed as supplied (pure white) or painted with acrylic paint (also known as latex paint) without the need for primer. Please note that oil-based paint (also known as enamel paint) is NOT suitable.
Our aluminium composite panels come ready to hang and are NOT designed to be painted.
PAINTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR FPVC Styl-Panels
- Thoroughly clean the panel with the isopropyl alcohol cleaning wipe supplied with your order. This removes any oils that might interfere with bonding. Allow to dry.
- Place the panel on a clean, flat working surface, such as a piece of cardboard. (IKEA packaging works perfectly!)
- There's no need for an undercoat. You can use any acrylic (water-based) paint you like.
- Use a small foam roller or spray can for best results.
- You may find that painting draws some grain out of the edges - just give them a light sand between coats.
- Be careful to cover the edges. (A little brush can be helpful.)
- Multiple light coats give the best result.
- Follow the paint manufacturer’s instructions and drying times.
- When the paint is cured, the panel is ready for installation!
Go to our FAQ page or feel welcome to email us at HELLO@STYLKEA.COM.